Thank you for your interest in our company and this portal.
In principle, you can use our website without providing any personal data. If a data subject wants to use services of our enterprise via our website, processing of personal data could become necessary. If processing of personal data is necessary and if there is no legal basis for such processing, we will always obtain the consent of the data subject.
The processing of personal data (e.g. the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a data subject) shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to us.
As the controller, we have implemented numerous technical and organizational measures to ensure the most complete protection of personal data processed through our website. However, data transmissions via the Internet can always contain security vulnerabilities. Therefore, 100% protection cannot be guaranteed. Therefore, every data subject can of course also transmit personal data to us alternatively, e.g. by telephone.
This data protection declaration is based on the definitions used by the European Directive and Regulation Maker when adopting the DSGVO (Article 4 DSGVO). This privacy statement should be both easy to read and easy to understand for any person. To ensure this, we would first like to explain the terminology used. In this privacy statement, these definitions, among others, are used:
- "personal data": any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter "data subject"); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
- "data subject" means any identified or identifiable natural person whose personal data are processed by the controller.
- "processing": any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, filing, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
- "restriction of processing": the marking of stored personal data with the aim of limiting their future processing;
- "profiling": any automated processing of personal data consisting in using such personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyze or predict aspects relating to that natural person's performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or change of location;
- "controller" means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its designation may be provided for under Union or Member State law;
- "recipient" means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body to whom personal data are disclosed, whether or not a third party. However, public authorities that may receive personal data in the context of a specific investigative task under Union or Member State law shall not be considered as recipients; the processing of such data by the aforementioned authorities shall be carried out in accordance with the applicable data protection rules, in accordance with the purposes of the processing;
- "Third Party" means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body, other than the Data Subject, the Controller, the Processor and the persons authorized to process the Personal Data under the direct responsibility of the Controller or the Processor;
- "Consent" of the data subject means any freely given specific, informed and unambiguous indication of his or her wishes in the form of a statement or other unambiguous affirmative act by which the data subject signifies his or her agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
2. name and contact details of the controller.
This data protection notice applies to data processing by:
Data controller: DVS Media GmbH, e-mail: email@example.com, telephone: +49 211/1591-0 fax: +49 211/1591-150.
In addition, you can reach our company data protection officer at:
Data Protection Neuss
3. collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
In principle, you can use our website without disclosing your identity. When you call up our website, the browser used on your end device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the accessed file,
- website from which the access was made (referrer URL),
- browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The aforementioned data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection setup of the website,
- Ensuring a comfortable use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and stability as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes for data collection listed above. In no case do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
b) When ordering our newsletter service
When you voluntarily subscribe to our newsletter, we store your name and address (optional) and your e-mail address for the purposes of product information and advertising. The use ends when you unsubscribe from the newsletter service, which can be done at any time via the link provided for this purpose in the newsletter.
c) Login as a member or registered user
As a member, you will receive the login information via DVS - Deutscher Verband für Schweißen und verwandte Verfahren e. V. (German Welding Society). If you log in as a registered user, your personal data is entered in an input mask and transmitted to us and stored. In doing so, we collect or process the following data:
- a valid e-mail address,*.
*Only the data marked with an asterisk are mandatory fields.
The collection of this data takes place
- to be able to identify you as our customer (e.g. in case of questions or comments on guidelines and leaflets);
- for correspondence with you;
- to process any liability claims that may exist, as well as to assert any claims against you;
- to ensure the technical administration of our website;
- to manage our customer data.
We use your data within the framework of the balancing of interests according to Art. 47 DSGVO, insofar as the use of your data has not been objected to.
Your personal data collected by us will be stored until the expiry of the legal obligation to keep records and will be deleted thereafter, unless we are obliged to store it for a longer period of time pursuant to Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. c DSGVO due to tax and commercial law retention and documentation obligations (from HGB, StGB or AO) or you have consented to storage beyond this pursuant to Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. a DSGVO.
In the cookie, information is stored that arises in each case in connection with the specific end device used. This does not mean, however, that we gain direct knowledge of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness, which are stored on your terminal device for a certain fixed period of time. If you visit our site again to make use of our services, it is automatically recognized that you have already been with us and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the aforementioned purposes to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a notice always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
5. links to third party websites
The links published on our website are researched and compiled by us with the greatest possible care. However, we have no influence on the current and future design and content of the linked sites. We are not responsible for the content of the linked pages and expressly do not adopt the content of these pages as our own. For illegal, incorrect or incomplete contents as well as for damage, which develops from the use or non-use of the information, alone the offerer of the Web Site, to which one referred, is responsible. The liability of the person who merely refers to the publication by a link is excluded. We are only responsible for external references if we have positive knowledge of them, i.e. also of possible illegal or punishable content, and if it is technically possible and reasonable for us to prevent their use.
6. analysis and tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO. With the tracking measures used, we would like to ensure a needs-based design and the ongoing optimization of our website. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer for you. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
a) Google Analytics
For the purpose of demand-oriented design and ongoing optimization of our pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter "Google"). In this context, pseudonymized usage profiles are created and cookies (see under item 5) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of the server request,
are transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website and internet use for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of these web pages. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on our behalf. Under no circumstances will your IP address
will be merged with other data from Google. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on the aforementioned link. An opt-out cookie will be set, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting our website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found under the following link in the Google Analytics help: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de
b) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
In order to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our website for you, we also use Google Conversion Tracking. In this process, Google Adwords sets a cookie (see section 5) on your computer if you have accessed our website via a Google ad.
These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the Adwords customer's website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page.
Each Adwords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies can therefore not be tracked across Adwords customers' websites. The information obtained using the conversion cookie is used to create conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. The Adwords customers learn the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page tagged with a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information that can be used to personally identify users.
7. data subject rights
You have the right
- In accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, to demand the immediate correction of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 DSGVO, to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 DSGVO, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO;
- pursuant to Art. 20 DSGVO, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller;
- in accordance with Art. 7 (3) DSGVO, to revoke your consent once given to us at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing, which was based on this consent, for the future; and
- complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 DSGVO. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our company headquarters for this purpose.
8. right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO, provided that there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. data security
Within the website visit, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is encrypted by the closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser. We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status December 2022.
Due to the further development of our website and offers beyond that or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. The current data protection declaration can be accessed and printed out at any time on our website at the following link: www.dvs-media.eu/de/datenschutz